Bentley Claims No. 2 Seed in NE-10 Championships with 7-2 Win over SNHU
MANCHESTER, N.H. – Bentley University will be the second-seed in the upcoming Northeast-10 Men's Tennis Championship after claiming a 7-2 win over Southern New Hampshire on Saturday afternoon.
The Falcons finish the regular season with a 10-1 record in the NE-10 and 14-5 overall. They earn a bye to the semifinals and will play either the third-seeded Penmen again or sixth-seeded Le Moyne at home on April 19th.
Bentley led 2-1 after the doubles matches and won five of six in singles. The teams split the top-two flight matches in singles, but the Falcons claimed the third through sixth-flight matches. Jimmy Rindo (Lowell, Mass./Lowell) in the fourth-flight, Alec Spycher (Sarasota, Fla./Saint Stephens Episcopal) in the fifth-flight and Andrew Waddington (Granby, Conn./Granby Memorial) in the sixth-flight each had convincing, straight sets wins.
At Manchester, N.H.
Bentley 7, So. New Hampshire 2
2. Alec Spycher/Raghav Tanna (BEN) def. John Niland/Tim Hamilton (SNH) 8-4
1. Lucas Wever (BEN) def. Mitch Dobek (SNH) 6-6 (1-5), retired
2. Juan Arango-Campo (SNH) def. Zach Tuckman (BEN) 6-3, 6-1
3. Rodrigo Ribeiro (BEN) def. Mike Wallace (SNH) 6-3, 7-5
4. Jimmy Rindo (BEN) def. Jared Wright (SNH) 6-1, 6-2
5. Alec Spycher (BEN) def. Brad Malenich (SNH) 6-1, 6-0
6. Andrew Waddington (BEN) def. John Niland (SNH) 6-3, 6-1