SYRACUSE, N.Y. – The Bentley men's tennis team improved to 2-0 on the season and 2-0 in the Northeast-10 with a 9-0 sweep of conference rival Le Moyne on Thursday.
Fresh of his run to the finals at the ITA East Regional singles tournament over the weekend, junior Jimmy Rindo (Lowell, Mass./Lowell) won both his singles and doubles match, one of five Bentley players to pull the feat. Rindo won in second-flight singles over Alessandro Nieves 6-0, 6-0, then teamed with Rodrigo Ribeiro (Sao Paulo, Brazil/Chapel School) to win in first-flight doubles over Shane Evans and Daryl Johnson 8-5.
Ribeiro defeated Evans in top-flight singles by a score of 6-3, 6-3. Junior Andrew Waddington (Granby, Conn./Granby Memorial), off a strong showing at the ITAs as well, was victorious in third-flight singles and second-flight doubles with Raghav Tanna (Burlington, Mass./Burlington).
Bentley is back in action next at the Quinnipiac Invitational beginning October 5.
At Syracuse, N.Y.
Bentley 9, Le Moyne 0
1. Rodrigo Ribeiro (B) def. Shane Evans (L) 6-3, 6-3
2. Jimmy Rindo (B) def. Alessandro Nieves (L) 6-0, 6-0
3. Andrew Waddington (B) def. Daryl Johnson (L) 6-1, 6-3
4. Raghav Tanna (B) def. Michael Green (L) 6-0, 6-2
5. Peter Koopman (B) def. Blaine Drake (L) 6-1, 6-0
6. Evan Chomka (B) def. John Gerstner (L) 6-0, 6-0
1. Ribeiro/Rindo def. Evans/Johnson 8-5
2. Waddington/Tanna def. Nieves/Green 8-4
3. Koopman/Alex DeMuth def. Drake/Tyler Shaban 8-0